Adrenal Insufficiency Community

My cortisol level is 5.3 is that Normal?

Doctor is doing further tests as 11 years ago I had a pheochromocytoma
It depends on what time you had your cortisol tested during the day or if it was a 24 hr urine or an ACTH stim
Had a blood test 8 am having a half hour lie  down before hand
It is low. In the AM cortisol should be highest and lower at night. Mine is about a 6 in the morning. Shift work and steroid use can affect this. It could warrant further testing ie; ACTH stim, 24 hr cortisol to look for adrenal fatigue or Cushings
My GP said it was normal :-) but I wasnt too sure, thank you for your response I will insist on ACTH stim test