Adrenal Insufficiency Community

Possible adrenal insufficiency case - need advice on how to get tested.

I have no sex drive, no appetite, and I never feel 'tired' per say, I sleep and eat because I should. In addition to this my ability to handle stress has rapidly declined in the past year or so, the mere sound of someone humming sends me into a corner hyperventilating. I am also finding it very difficult to concentrate, learn/comprehend things and retain knowledge, something that happened gradually over about a year or two. I don't know what to do about this, on a personal level I don't bear any of the hallmarks of depression, I socialize, I am technically happy with my life and where I am at, yet something isn't quite right. Any advice would be appreciated , in general I am wondering how I might go about being tested for adrenal insufficiency? Do you ask for a referral from your GP to see an endocrinologist? Is there a blood test that my GP could do to check my hormone levels? Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi there. Usually the hormonal tests are blood work and urine tests. The standard test is a Stimulation test called an ACTH Test. Its checking Cortisol levels. If this test in outside the normal ranges, a follow up test called a CRH test is done.  This is just a brief outline, hopefully it helps in some way. You could get a referral to an endo, but the GP could organise too. Its just depending how quick you want results. Health Insurance + Endo = fast results. GP etc would be slower and mean hanging around a bit!!