Adrenal Insufficiency Community

are there any medications that interfere with serum cortisol/acth results?

ive been taking citalopram (celexa) for years now and i've read antidepressants/anti anxiety meds can interfere with serum readings of cortisol, which might be why i've always got really low saliva readings and low normal to normal serum cortisol readings, which is confusing my endo a lot, especially since i've got ALL the symptoms for AI. i also take omeprazol, and have for years, because of chronic gastritis. can these (or any other) medications interfere with bloodwork? i think it'd help a lot bunch people out to know which medications can influence results!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would let the doc know what you are taking and they should know...
Some do, some don't and it gets complex...