A
A
A
Close
Agoraphobia Community
445 Members
6757907 tn?1385105865

Anxiety, depression and fear.

A year ago, I landed myself a trip to the psych ward for three days due to a nervous breakdown. I've been on meds since. The process to find proper medical help has been time consuming. I have developped panic attacks due to all of this and now my anxiety and stress as well as fear, is interfering with me moving on with my life. I used to be very outgoing, fearless and full of energy. Now I feel just the opposite. I need help so that I can move on with my life and heal. I don't want to be like this anymore. I want a sound mind and fearless heart again. Please help. I have been on 300 mg of Lithium as well as Ativan when needed.
3 Responses
6726276 tn?1421130268
Hi& Good Morning.  Lithium is a very good mood stabilizer. What was your diagnosis? There are forums here for all types of mental disorders Pamela
Have you figured out the "triggers" ? The things that put you into an emotional tailspin?
6757907 tn?1385105865
Hi Pamela,

I was diagnosed Bipolar, but later on I was re-diagnosed with OCD. Honestly, I feel all of this malfunctioning happened after I had the breakdown and started and stopped the Lithium for some time. I did it suddenly and then I started having panic attacks left and right - something that I was new to, but that I feel was triggered because the med was removed from my system so drastically. So I went back on it, and this Summer I was given three more: Trazadone, HydroOXYzine and Abilify. I was going crazy. So I stopped them cold turkey, but I feel they affected my nervous system tremendously. I feel I have a lot of fear, especially of having more panic attacks, so that always keeps me on my toes. And then I also have a lot of anxiety during my sleep and have woken up many times with horrible panic attacks and feeling that my mind is not "all there". I know a lot of that has to do with the fact that I was sleeping and then woke up suddenly because of something that was triggered in my subconscious.

ROSYouralright,

I have a few but they have increased due to the fear I have of them happening. I know they won't, but because of my debilitated condition, I am way more susceptible to being affected by anything that otherwise whould've been swatted off at the beginning. I don't want to go into details but it has to do with self harm because I heard something on the radio and it's been recorded in my mind since. I think that is the root of the trauma, and I know healing is available, I'm just having a difficult time accepting my frailty at the moment. I am seeing a therapist, but it's been months (6 months) that I haven't seen a Psychiatrist and I've had to go to the ER several times for meds. In fact, I am going tomorrow to the LA USC Medical Center to get my Lithium refill. I just feel that panic attacks are so random, that I am almost always on the lookout, causing more anxiety and therefore more restlessness. You see, it's a vicious cycle! I just want peace and for my mind to function how it used to.
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
675718 tn?1530036633
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?