Agoraphobia Community
446 Members

How to regain joy, after a series of depleting health issues?

I am currently, still recovering from my recent health problems and am looking for ways to motivate myself. I have always been a "go-getter" type of person, but now I feel flat and purposeless. Please help me with any advice you might have. I still find myself having a difficult time coping and adjusting. I don't want this season of my life to define me as a person from here on. Thanks
Hi!
You have already taken the first step by reaching out to the Community. Find something that interests you: music, dance, gardening etc and do it everyday. This will relax you. Do deep breathing exercises. You can also practice other relaxation techniques.
Other than this, consult a therapist. Talking to someone, finding a purpose in life, helping someone, and taking care of your health issues will help keep you motivated. You can also join a support group. A therapist can tech you ways to relax and cope with stressful situations. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you, doctor Mathur! I am doing better. I start school in the Spring and am getting more involved in church and in my community. Things are looking bright! God bless you!
Hi Gems,  Were you able to get in touch with anyone through N A M I ?
  Or D B S A?  My support group in CA is great.