Agoraphobia Community
444 Members

What is wrong with me? Are these panic attacks?

my name is DJ. About 4 years ago i had a horrible experience with a drug.. since that moment my life has been turned upside down.. I am completely depersonalized, and scared.. I have horrible thoughts that send me into a horrifying panic.. now let me explain my panic mode. As far as i know it is unlike all others.. My heart doesn't start to beat really fast, I don't start hyper venalating, I don't get the shakes.. What I experience is a sudden flash of real life.. everything suddenly becomes VERY real.. Imagine instantly jumping from a cartoon to a sitcom.. It is the scariest thing ever.. Now this mainly happens when I am in a car, therefore I am almost completely homebound.. I can go about 2 blocks down my road, and that's it. I was a completely outgoing person.. very socially active now I can't leave my own house.. I have been to the doctor multiple times, each time they can not figure out what is wrong with me.. ALSO, it feels like everyday goes by SO fast.. and i can barely remember any of it.. it feels extremely weird talking to people, and I am scared all the time.. I basically live in my room... My memory is horrible, and I just really need to know what is wrong with me.. Can someone please tell me if they are experiencing anything like I am? Or can someone please tell me what is wrong with me.. thank you.
OMG!  I know exactly what you are talking about. It's like you concentration goes in and out, real to more real. It's like your senses are thrown off or "heightened." This then makes you paranoid because it happens at random times. Would this be right? Whatever you do--- please be around people that care about you and understand what is going on. You may have to sleep at someone's house until you get the right diagnoses. I too am working on fixing this issue and its getting better but please seek help, GOD, meds, etc.  I can't tell you exactly what it is--but pray on it.

Why do you think triggered it?  
I think this could definitely be linked to anxiety.  You need to check with a psychiatrist.  Please don't be afraid to ask them for help.  It is treatable.  Good luck.  See my post here also...

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety/anxiety-please-help/show/2432082