Agoraphobia Community
443 Members

is agoraphobia curable

I suffer from agoraphobia for 7 years now it came out of nowhere and destroyed my life.I get diarrhea and dizzy when im at grocery store or at doctor apt etc .feel trapped.I get panic attacks worrying about getting a panic attack!  When I know I have to go out I worry about it for two days before.I heard hypnosis cures agoraphobia ( I have 4teens at home) does anyone know about results?
2 Responses
91034 tn?1401419903
Hey there! I'm not sure if it curable but I think there are many different ways to learn how to deal with it. Have you seen a therapist or doc about it? Any meds? I too was looking into hypnosis and will ask my doc on Monday. Feel better!
Hey there !  I have suffered panic from agoraphobia to different degrees my whole life.  I have had good progress with having my hubby taking over for me when I'm feeling extra vulnerable, and using aversion therapy to be past my agoraphobia.  I put myself in situations on purpose to get past the fear and attacks.  Sometimes I can get out of the house, others I can't, but knowing he is there ready to help me, makes it a smoother process.  I wish you well !!!
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
675718 tn?1449992146
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Agoraphobia Community
443 Members
595 Questions
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?