Aa
A
A
A
Close
Alcoholic, Living with an Community
564 Members

Concerns about partners alcohol intake

In peoples opinion, is 5 bottles of red wine over 4 evenings too much? I'm no drinker, and usually my partner drinks 4 on their own over the course of a weekend, with no regard to whether they need to drive the next day or not. I'm concerned this is turning into an addiction as for the past two nights they've waited until I've gone out to go and buy more and lied about what they bought to avoid conflict. It's driving me insane as I've been told it's perfectly normal and it's my problem but I know that a credit card will be used to buy more when money runs out. Is the amount normal or not?
2 Responses
I think do maybe you could work your way down to 1 thats a acceptal number i feel
Hello Williams Welcome to the forum.. I hope you do not take offense to what I have to say but it is not Normal to lie to our partner nor is it normal to sneak things. it is also not normal to spend money that you do not have on a substance that will take you from reality.. Yes I would say they have a problem with the alcohol.. They are correct that it is your problem as addiction effects the Whole family.. I would recommend Al Anon for you it is a support group for alcoholics and addicts. Google it and see if you have a meeting close to you. There you would learn not to enable your alcoholic.. How to be supportive and much needed support for yourself as any addict can make you feel crazy.. I do not think it is normal to drink that much wine in a evening our a weekend.. I hope you sit and have a serious talk with your partner and tell them how their drinking is making you feel If they can not stop our do not at least cut back then you definitely have your answer to weather they are a alcoholic our have a addiction problem.. I wish you well and hope you check out Al Anon.. lesa
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.