A
A
Close
Alcoholic, Living with an Community
564 Members

Hurting the people I love

If someone can shed some light on my question I would be very grateful
1 Responses
Oops,first time I have been on this and got it wrong lol. My question is why do I keep on binge drinking one to two days a week. I am really happy in my life and I just don't get it. I had an unhappy marriage and lost my 21 yr old son 6yrs ago I know that is not the reason I binge drink as AV come to terms with that the best I can. I have a wonderful partner but Iam breaking his heart
2 Comments
I actually do think you are still grieving. Losing a child is the most devastating thing a parent can go through. The death of a marriage is hard enough but you had two deaths, the marriage and the biggest blow of all, the loss of your son.
I think the drinking has everything to do with this, even if you feel you should be past this by now. That's not how grief works. There's not a set time limit on it.
I urge you to find a counselor to help you sort through all your pain and loss and find healing in a safe environment. I also urge you to go to AA and find support there. You are not alone. God bless you and I pray you can find peace and healing soon.
There are many reasons an alcoholic drinks and no one here can figure that out other than suggest a guess.
If you are serious about wanting to stop you could go to AA for info because there are always lots of people there who know about it, but they will teach you that you can't control it, just live life each day at a time.
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.