MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Fear of Cirrhosis

I fear I may have cirrhosis. I've been binge drinking for about the last decade. I took periods of time off. During most of this time I had fatty liver, however in 2018, prior to bariatric surgery and blood work and at no time was elevated liver enzymes of liver issues mentioned. Needless to say after surgery I quit drinking for 4 months than went back to it more than ever. I have recently been experiencing cirrhosis symptoms. Is it possible for my fatty liver to have advanced to cirrhosis over this timeline. I'm so scared that I want to skip my appointment tomorrow.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, it IS possible and keep that medical appointment tomorrow!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Alcoholism Community