A
A
Close
Alcoholism Community
1.72k Members

MY WIFE HATES ME WHEN SHE DRINKS

I WAS THA READING ALONG WITH PEOPLE WITH LOVE ONES WHO DRINK I M SO SAD
THAT WE ALL ARE GOING THROUGH THIS I LOVE THIS WOMAN TIL TIME STOP BUT HER
DRINKING IS KILLING ME.I HAVE MEDICAL PROBLEMS BUT WHEN SHE DRINKS SHE DONT EVEN
CARE.BUT WHEN SHE IS SOBER SHE BE SO WORRIED WHEN I GO OUT TO THE STORE.I AM
SO CONFUSED.
2 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
what is the question you have?
When I was drinking. I hated my hubby while drunk I blamed him for all our ills.. It turned out I was placing on him unresolved issues from my past and my discontent with myself. It was not till I got clean the first time about 20 years ago that I glimpsed this. It was not till my 2nd relapse that I was forced to see a Physiologist for my past that I realized what I was doing. I have been sober now for many years.. Maybe you can encourage her to deal with her demons and if No demons this still applies. Do not support her in her drinking. Do not buy it for her. Do not participate in discussions while she is drinking. Do not drink with her. Do not make excuses for her drinking. Encourage her to stop as it can damage her liver kidneys and Brain.. Direct her to AA. Love her Sober. For yourself check out Al Anon, it is a Support group for Loved ones of Alcoholics/Addicts, you can Google a location near you. I know you yourself have health issues but if you do not start to deal with this in some manner you will have a lot more. I do wish you both well. lesa
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
Nebulae, OH
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.