Alcoholism Community

MY WIFE HATES ME WHEN SHE DRINKS

I WAS THA READING ALONG WITH PEOPLE WITH LOVE ONES WHO DRINK I M SO SAD
THAT WE ALL ARE GOING THROUGH THIS I LOVE THIS WOMAN TIL TIME STOP BUT HER
DRINKING IS KILLING ME.I HAVE MEDICAL PROBLEMS BUT WHEN SHE DRINKS SHE DONT EVEN
CARE.BUT WHEN SHE IS SOBER SHE BE SO WORRIED WHEN I GO OUT TO THE STORE.I AM
SO CONFUSED.
COMMUNITY LEADER
what is the question you have?
When I was drinking. I hated my hubby while drunk I blamed him for all our ills.. It turned out I was placing on him unresolved issues from my past and my discontent with myself. It was not till I got clean the first time about 20 years ago that I glimpsed this. It was not till my 2nd relapse that I was forced to see a Physiologist for my past that I realized what I was doing. I have been sober now for many years.. Maybe you can encourage her to deal with her demons and if No demons this still applies. Do not support her in her drinking. Do not buy it for her. Do not participate in discussions while she is drinking. Do not drink with her. Do not make excuses for her drinking. Encourage her to stop as it can damage her liver kidneys and Brain.. Direct her to AA. Love her Sober. For yourself check out Al Anon, it is a Support group for Loved ones of Alcoholics/Addicts, you can Google a location near you. I know you yourself have health issues but if you do not start to deal with this in some manner you will have a lot more. I do wish you both well. lesa