My husband drinking every day - and now hides the bottle so I can't find it?
My husband has been drinking heavily for 3 years - was vodka, then wine and now back to vodka.  If I even mention the word "Vodka" he gets upset and turns it around on me - that starts an argument.  Its sad we have never fought only over his drinking.  He becomes a different man, he is not mean - his mouth just starts running away and crazy crap just falls out and then he can't remember what he said.  He does go to work for a few hours and I am sure he is drinking - he keeps it in his truck - constantly going and taking swigs of vodka by noon he is pretty loopy - his eyes are all glassed over and its hard to have a conversation with him.  Tonight he came home around six and said he was exhausted - I could tell he had been drinking half the day - came home changed and went to bed , he doesn't want to eat he would rather drink. His children know whats going on, only due to conversations with them.  I am not going to lie to them , so I've kept them up on what going on.  I'm worry that I am gonna get so tired and fed up and decide to leave.  I love him more then life.  He has been my life, my sole mate, my rock and my love.  How do I keep from being mad about this daily , I need to help him, but he says he can do this.  Guess what it has not happened  - so now do I just help my self and if so How????
Good that you are honest with your children,Kids are sponges,they absorb ALL and KNOW whats going on!I urge you to find a good counselor who is licensed in substance abuse counseling.They do provide support to family members.Also to find and try some Al-Anon meetings for yourself in your area.Perhaps is Al-Ateen is available. The kids may want to attend that!Please keep us posted here of what you decide to do!