Alcoholism Community

cold turkey

I quit drinking cold turkey after a health scare. I drank very heavily for 10 years, and I do mean very heavily.

I did not have the first problem. I don't crave or miss it. I sleep better than I ever have and feel better than I ever have. Is this normal or lucky?
COMMUNITY LEADER
When ppl quit drinking they consider it a problem!Yet you say it wasn't a problem?Describe what you mean by heavy drinking!And great you feel better!
Usually the physical danger of withdrawal passes after the first 3-5 days of sobriety. How long have you been off Alcohol?