Allergies - Food Community
933 Members

Allergies and Rage

I had some pomegranate gilatto from a store the other day and I now know I'm allergic to something in it, but thats not the issue.

about 10min after i finished it I got angry like RAGE angry and I very very rarely get that angry. It popped up out of no where.

after about 45minutes I passed out (which is how i know I was an allergy)

But i have never gotten that sort of emotion from eating an allergy food.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this before or known of someone that had that sort of reaction.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi,  I have heard that some allergins can cause changes in emotions ... especially those with chemicals involved such as sulfites, nitrates and chocolate --- tyramine, etc.  I'm not quoting anybody or any resources -- just info I've picked up along the way helping out on communities and with my own child who had behavioral issues with certain foods and what I'd call zero intolerance.

You may have passed out from drop of BP .. next time may not wake up from anaphylaxis . I'd stay away from your allergin and see an allergist ASAP and wear a medic tag .. nothing to fool with.

C~
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.