Allergies - Food Community
929 Members

Blood test vs Skin test

I had done a blood test for allergies and a skin test, but on the blood test it showed an allergy to wheat, but nothing showed up for wheat during the skin test. Does this mean wheat is likely not allergenic for me?

The blood test, in my opinion, is usually the most accurate. I would also try my own test. Avoid all wheat products for a week or so, see how you feel, then slowly add it back, if you feel worse when you eat it again, you are more than likely allergic to it, or at least sensitive to it.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.