I get more tummypains after I stopped eating gluten, is that normal?

I've had several issues with my intestines since 5 years. Mostly it is that I have to go to the toilet (for a number 2) 6 or 7 times a day. It takes a while for everything to come out, mostly being lightcoloured, greasy and sticky. Cleaning is a hell as well. Every once in a while it comes with big cramps as well, mostly followed by diarrhea.

I went to the doctor, hospital and all, but no one could find anything, so conclusion: IBS.

That's not enough for me, so I've been trying stuff out. Lactose free for a month for example, which didn't help. Right now I am doing 1,5 week gluten free, to see if that makes it any better. I definitely don't have celiac disease, but maybe I'm intolerant?

The texture of my poo (don't know any better word right now) is so much better. It is darker, not at all sticky anymore (yay for 2 wipes and I'm clean) and I go once or twice a day. Really big progress. But... I am really, painfully bloated. I keep farting all day long for more than a week now. My food is just normal food, most of the time healthy, unprocessed food. I have no clue what it could be, since I am not eating anything new, just leaving out the stuff that contains gluten. I did try gluten-free bread for one day, but meh... I decided to stick with stuff that naturally comes without gluten.

I have a feeling that my intestines are so happy that they don't have to fight all these gluten anymore, that they start working really hard. But that's just a nice thought I want to have. My question here is if anyone had this before? Does it sound familiar? Any tips?