Allergy Community

Allergic Reaction to Local Anesthetic

I have been to the dentist twice in the last 30 days for fillings. The first time I received 2 local anesthetics and had an allergic reaction presented in cold-like symptoms and a rash. The cold-like symptoms only lasted 2 days. I went back to the dentist Wednesday (9/8) and was given 3 shots of local anesthetic. My cold-like symptoms began that night and progressed until yesterday. (4 days) I am still having coughing fits (which I didn't have before) and am experiencing extreme fatigue. I just took a 2 hour nap, but still feel as if I could sleep the rest of the week. Last night I became very dizzy, had a severe headache and hot and cold flashes. I should also note that I have a molar I'm awaiting to be removed. Part of it is broken off, bordering on being an abscess tooth and it's possible this is causing some of the symptoms.  I also don't want this same reaction when I go to the dentists office. Another important thing to note is when I was 7 I had my tonsils removed. I woke up during surgery so they had to give me more anesthetic. Afterwards I experienced breathing difficulties etc. and had to be hospitalized.

Are these reactions fairly normal and is it just something I have to deal with the next time I go?
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.