Allergy Community

Allergic Reaction

My 4 year old had an allergic reaction to a horse she rode and 24 hour Children's Claritin does not seem to be helping with some of her symptoms after 3 hours.   She has one eye nearly shut from swelling and still has some hives around her face and arms.  Both eyes are still itchy and saline only helps for a few seconds before they itch again.  Can I give her another dose, or give her Benadryl or does she just have to suffer through?
I think you should probably take her to an urgent care facility, definitely take her if she is having any difficulty breathing.  This is a moderately severe reaction and needs to be documented.  

And additions dose of antihistamine won't hurt her, but she may need more than an antihistimine can do.

Take care.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.