Allergy Community

Allergic to bra

I recently bought a Victoria Secret padded demi bra.  I am also dieting so when my top began to itch I originally associated it with the fact that everything was shrinking.  I spoke with my sister and she told me that she had the same reaction to thier bras.  Is it possible that I am allergic the bra?  The entire breast itches not just the area around the band....what ingredient in the padding would cause this reaction?  I was curious since it seems that several brand are copying their materials.  
You could try washing the bra in Cheer Allergy Free Detergent and see if that helps?

Walgreens also makes and sells a perfume/dye free detergent.

Good luck !
I have experienced a reaction between my breast implant (cancer) and padded bra which  I wear.  Soooo, seems to me you may be right.
I've noticed the same thing with one of my Victoria's Secret bras. For some reason the fabric they made it with was just really itchy. It drove me nuts... I buy a lot of bras and only buy them from Victoria's Secret and only this one made me itch. You could always try a different one and try it on in the store to make sure it's not itchy.

Another suggestion is if you haven't washed it yet try that, because most new clothes/fabrics have chemicals or starches or whatever on them when they are brand new.
I too have had an allergic reation a Victoria's Secret bra (Body By Victoria Demi) .  I only seem to be allergic to the cups.  I recently tried a Vanity Fare bra in a very similar style and the same thing happened.  I always wash my bras prior to wearing and still have a problem.  I wish rthese companies would really list ++ALL++ the ingredients in their clothing, as I am very allergic to latex. I'm tired of having to go on Prenezone.  Does anyone have a suggestion???  I wore the same style of Victorias Secret bra for 4 years without a problem, they have to have changed something.
i get that to sometimes to either get a different one of try a non alergenic washing solution. or if u have never washed it maybe it was something in the store that touched it and your getting a reaction from it?
It is very odd.  I have never had allergies, and have worn VS bras for years.  I also developed rashes from the new line of "Secret Embrace" bras (Angels).  I returned them just last week and they were kind enough to exchange them for the new Biofit and the Body by Victoria.  They do not itch at all when trying on.  The rash appears the next day after wearing.  Body by Victoria gave me a rash, though not at pronounced as the Secret Embrace fabric.  Biofit has not given me a rash.  Both claim to be composed of nylon and Spandex.  It is a mystery.  I am soaking them as we speak to see if it could be some kind of chemical.  I had washed the Secret Embrace bras but that did not help.  I hope is it is chemical.  If it were latex allergy, I think I would have rash from my underpants as well.  I do not.  I wonder if it is specific to VS bras?
I too, have never had allergies and have worn VS Body body bras for years.  Recently, I purchased both the Secret Embrace and the newer style Body Ipex bras.  I had such bad reactions (red, blotchy, hive type rash especially where the underwire touches - that itch like heck!).  Even after not wearing them for days, the rash didn't go away and actually seemed to gete worse!   I finally went to my MD and he has me taking Prednisone.  Such disappointment!  I loved these bras.  Guess I'll have to go back to the ugly cotton/type bras.  Too bad I can't take these back to VS.
The same thing happened to me. It started with a Wonderbra- one I have owned and used for at least a year. I developed a red hive like rash after wearing it. I attributed this reaction to a mamogram that I had the day before. I laundered the bra and used a different style for a week or so and when I went back to the wonderbra the same thing happened. I threw the bra away and went to Victoria secret and bought a new one. I don't remember the style but it had foamy padding in it like the wonder bra. The same thing happened- I returned it the next day! I wonder if there is some way that the foam padding could be responsibe even though t doesn't touch the skin directly. I think this could be true because the bra that I bought was lined in the same material as the straps and the straps did not cause a reaction- only the cups!!!  
OMG - Same thing happened to me! I bought two VS IPEX bras (NOT CHEAP) and broke out in a rash (cups only) so bad I had to be on prednisone too!  This is an outrage.  VS needs to know what their bras are doing to women. I'm hoping my breasts do not scar from it. It's NASTY!  And you absolutely CAN and SHOULD return them to VS.  I am!

I bought a VS Ipex bra and I broke out in a red blotchy rash, where my bra strap is it is raised of f my skin just a lil and only in one spot. I'm totally freaked out by it. It looked like it was going away so then I put on a VS bra the was padded I think it was the secret embrace and now the rash is back again. These bras aren't cheap so I'm pretty annoyed at the fact that I paid so much for them and I keep breakin out in a rash no matter what style I wear.
Update:  Rash finally went away.  I haven't worn any VS bras since.  Other manufacturers bras are fine (had to go buy all new ones!).  I contacted VS and they asked that I return the suspect bra for evaluation.  Although it's been a few weeks, I haven't heard anything yet.  They did offer me a $25 gift card.  But then I received a "Release and Settlement of Claim" form which they wanted me to sign.  NOT!  I didn't realize they wanted me to sign such a form when I agreed that the gift card was a nice gesture.  After paying $90 for the doctors visit, prescription fees and time off of work, I don't think I should sign anything yet.  The rash took about two weeks to completely clear (after taking the Prednisone regime).  I heard VS started sending their work to China - I wonder ..........
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.