Allergies or other?

Over the past 4 or 5 days I've noticed occasional streaks and bits of blood in my mucous. I know I've been having particularly irritating allergies, but this hasn't ever happened before.

Aside from the regular allergy symptoms (which are lame, but I can deal with it) my throat has become sort of dry and sore a slight loss of appetite, which might be coincidental, and of course the blood, but otherwise I haven't been feeling ill at all.

I was thinking that these symptoms might have something to do with smoking, but I really don't smoke that much.

Is this just particularly mean allergies? Should I be concerned?
Just a quick note, the blood is by no means always there.

It's usually only in the morning, though not every morning, or very briefly during the day.
I've noticed a bit of congestion in my chest a more or less persistent, sometimes very hard, cough.
How are you? A persistent cough or a cough that is associated with chest pain, fever, weight loss, or blood-tinged or discolored sputum should be evaluated by a doctor.It would be  best if you consult your doctor for proper evaluation such as chest x-ray or sputum test.

Take care and keep us posted.
Hey thanks for the reply.

I haven't had a fever or chest pain, and the cough has more or less completely died away.

I've begun to think that it may have just been a combination of cold and allergy symptoms.

Does that seem likely, or even possible?
That's good to hear. Acute coughs usually begin suddenly and are often due to a cold, flu, or sinus infection. Coughs from a lung infection such as bronchitis can start out suddenly and then linger on. Other common causes of chronic or ongoing coughs include asthma, allergies chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, sinusitis leading to postnasal drip, smoking cigarettes or exposure to secondhand smoke or pollutants.

Take care and regards.
Thanks for the information ^_^

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.