Allergy Community

Allergy

I recently started my new job and it has only been two months I worked there. At the beginning, I was ok then three weeks I got a bad case of insomnia  and  my eyes started to dry up. By the 4th week, I thought I started to swell up and my hearing started to burn. In that one month I had several fevers, which I am still having now. Now every time I breath at work--my throat swells up and my hearing starts to burn. I did see some bugs at the job, but I am not allergic to them.

Is it possible the bugs are doing this despite me not being allergic to me?
Hi, welcome to the forum, you have shifted to the new environment, since then the symptoms started. It is difficult to come to particular diagnosis and needs a evaluation. As you are having a sleep disorder which is quite common when subjected to new job or home environment.

Dry eyes and swollen throat suggest allergic cause but fever is unlikely in allergic conditions. Hence, possibility of infection cannot be neglected which may be due to bugs. Few bugs are known to transmit the disease like chagas disease but seem to be unlikely.

I would suggest you to undergo investigations like complete blood count, absolute eosinophil count and ear examination. I suggest you to consult ENT specialist. Take care and regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.