Allergy

When I wake up in the morning, I see round reddish spots on my entire body including face, eye lids, heels and palms with intolerable itching. As the day moves on I feel some relief, but in the evenings and nights the situation gets worse.
I am a 30 year old female and have lot of unwanted hair on my entire body including face. Application of wax also produces allergic reaction.
Please help me on this.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, welcome to the forum, your symptoms are suggestive of Atopic dermatitis or Contact dermatitis. Usually allergens are small molecules which can penetrate the layers of the skin and sweating is known to enhance this action. Stinging insects, Aeroallergens (uncommon), Foods and additives like Milk, egg, peanuts, nuts, soy, and wheat are the most common agents to cause such reactions.

Topical lotions such as calamine decreases pain and pruritus. Systemic antihistamines (antipruritics) such as hydroxyzine or cetirizine against prescription may be helpful. Even addition of corticosteroids has possible benefits.

Some products are used to mask the unwanted hair. It mainly contains hydrogen peroxide and sulfates. One can develop a reaction to the active ingredients and Side effects include irritation, pruritus, and possible skin discoloration. In addition, patients with sensitivity to sulfa should avoid these products. Testing the product on a small area of skin prior to use may help the patient avoid a more pronounced reaction. I suggest you to consult allergy specialist. Take care and regards.
Helpful - 0
It could be the detergent you are using to wash your bedding and clothes, also fabric softners. Look for a natural laundry soap and use dryer cloths. The cloths contain absolutely nothing, it's the type of  fabric that keeps the static cling out and last for several months. No harsh chemicals or perfumes  will make a big difference not only for your skin but also for your lungs and whole body.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.