Allergy Community

Aquagenic urticaria without a rash?

For years now I've been having this problem where every time I emerse my limbs in water they get really itchy afterwards. It's only my arms and legs that get itchy and I don't get a rash of any kind. I've read about aquagenic urticaria online and it seems that you have to get a rash for it to be that and that it's usually on your chest and back. I now know it mustn't be that but they are the closest symptoms I have found.

I have very dry skin so I tried moisturising heaps but it didn't help at all. The temperature of the water doesn't make too much of a difference. I thought it may have been something in the town water but it happens wherever I go and in salt water too.

Please help this is such a difficult thing to have to deal with. Sometimes the itchiness gets so bad that my body starts spasming. I heard that there isn't a cure for these types of conditions but I would be greatfulglad for even some ideas of what I could try to lessen the itchiness.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.