I lived on an old sailboat for two months straight, every night. There was black mold all over. I moved out 3 weeks ago, now I'm on a new boat. No visible black mold. A little wood rotting, small amount of dry rot, but no mold. A week into the new boat I got a severe sore throat, that turned into sinus problems, that turned into ear ache, now its a severe cough. Could it be the black mold that caused this? If so, why didn't I get sick while I was on the dirty boat. Now I'm sick but I'm on a cleaner boat. I smoke occasional marijuana, 2-3 times a week. This probably adds to the problem. I went to the doctor but did not mention the boat situation. He gave me amoxillon and a steroid nose spray. I feel somewhat better as far as sinus and mucous goes, but the lungs are weak. I cough a lot and my breaths are uneasy. What should I do? Could black mold be deadly? Cancerous?