Can these symptoms because of an allergy

I really need your help guys as i am wondering if my symptoms are due to allergies or not.
i have recently been diagnosed with dust mite allergy  but i don't seem to have the usual symptoms.
I have constant PND, mild congestion, mild headache behind my eyes, ear ache at times, sore itchy throat, small pimples on roof of mouth, foggy head, these are constant symptoms, its just the severity that changes and Ive had them for years.
The symptoms that bother me the most is, i can suddenly one day feel generally ill, achy and fatigued and feel like I'm going to get a cold or flu but nothing ever comes of it, it usually happens once a week.
I find it hard to believe that its all to do with my allergy. Im always worse when im in my house.
I did wonder if it was to do with my sinusis but ENT wont give me a scan, only an xray which doesnt show much.
I would be really grateful if anybody can tell me if they suffer this way with allergies.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
it really could be! what things have you tried and how did they work for you??
Helpful - 0
Ive been on antihisamine and nasel spray for a month but i dont feel any better. Ive brought special bedding and im trying to reduce the dust in my house.
I didnt feel too bad this morning but after changing the bed  and dusting i then felt bad but it could just be a coinsidence, i felt really ill and tired, thats not the usual symptoms for dust mite allergy.
Thanks for replying
Helpful - 0
Hi, welcome tot he forum, it is difficult to come to a definitive diagnosis but allergic rhinosinusitis can be possibility which is exaggerated or precipitated during cold season or timing. This condition is sometimes associated with asthma.

The triggering factors like dust, fog, pollens etc. can cause the precipitation of these symptoms. You need to identify such factors and avoid further exposure. Sometimes allergy can present as unusual ways like eye pain, rhinitis, headache etc.

A careful nasal examination, Allergen-specific testing includes Skin testing, Serum tests for allergy, Allergen challenge and as well as Evaluation for concurrent conditions like Sinusitis and Asthma is necessary and it directs further steps for management.

I suggest you to consult allergy specialist. Take care and regards.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.