Allergy Community

Child with allergic viruses

my child was diagnose allergic viruses, what is that
Hi, welcome to the forum, in simple terms, an allergy is a hyperactive response of the immune system to certain substances which are "foreign" to our bodies. These substances are called "allergens", and they can range from food and pollen to dust and drugs.

Viral infections are the most common cause of illness in children. Your child would be allergic to the some drugs, but it's most unlikely a virus. Or if he is having hives, rash, fever etc symptoms your child may be infected by virus.

The most common viruses in children are the influenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), rhinovirus and adenovirus, hepatitis viruses, cytomegalovirus etc

You need to maintain proper hygiene of him/her. Also you can give him healthy food like milk, fruits, vegetables, regular exercise to increase immunity. Allergy problems are less seen in children’s who are breast fed. Advances in medicine have lead to the development of several vaccines that protect against viruses which once caused disease. I suggest you to consult pediatrician and immunologist. Take care and regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.