Allergy Community

Constant smoke smell in nasal passages.

I am a non-smoker. We are a non-smoking family. I am not around smokers at all. Why do I have the constant smell of smoke in my nose. It used to be just an occasional thing, but lately it seems to be all the time. I am concerned that this is a symptom of something I don't know about. The smell is strong. I used to notice it about a half hour after taking my Allegra-D 12 hr. tablets, but now I smell it much more often. Am I going crazy or is there something to this I'm not aware of. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help?
I have had that same smoke smell in my nose from time to time. I also get the sensation that one feels after they have been punched in the nose, but not very often. Probably only about 3 times a year or so. I do have sinus problems and always have, but I have never really taken anything for it other than something over the counter during a cold. I have regular stuffiness and pretty much always have. I just have learned to deal with it. It would be nice to know were that smoke smell comes from. No one else smells it when I say I do. I have never smoked nor have I lived in a home were anyone smokes either.
Thanks so much for your comments. At least I know I am not going crazy. I found out after I wrote my message that my mom also used to experience the same thing.  She says she is sure that it has something to do with impacted sinus tissue. The doctors still think I'm imagining it but one day I'll find one who takes me seriously and we'll figure out exactly what causes it. Thanks again and I hope you stay well.
HI, this happened to me one day out of the blue.  All of a sudden the sensation that someone just lit a match and the sulfur smell just went up my nose.  I did become sick a few days later with sinus issues.  Very strange.
The only other thing I have heard concerning this, and I do not mean to be an alarmist, is that a smell of something burning can be related to brain tumors. I suppose if you start smelling it all of the time you should probably be concerned.
Thanks to Duchess47, Wepst and JDanMan for your comments and suggestions. I will seriously look into all of your suggestions and hope that it's just some seasonal allergy thing. Thanks again.
i just started smelling smoke about 2 days ago.  it seems to be getting worse.  it's really starting to bug me now.  i have never smoked, and i'm smelling the smoke when no one else can smell it.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.