Allergy Community

Did you have testing to confirm which substances cause your allergic reactions?

For typical allergic reactions, a doctor will examine an individual and ask questions about his or her symptoms and their timing. Blood tests and X-rays are not needed except under unusual circumstances.In the case of severe reactions, an individual will be evaluated quickly in an emergency department in order to make a diagnosis. The first step for the doctor is to judge the severity of the allergic reaction.Blood pressure and pulse are checked.An examination determines whether the patient needs help breathing.Often, an IV line is placed in case anti-allergy (antihistamine) medications are needed quickly.If the patient can speak, he or she will be asked about allergy triggers and previous reactions.
I received a corticosteroid shot in my right shoulder over 2 weeks ago. I had tingling and numbness in my tongue, face, hand, and leg to foot. I have had only 1 other last August. I did not have any reaction.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.