Hi, welcome to the forum, the normal IgE levels fall below 100. Any level above 500 is higher and is suggestive of allergy or parasitic infection. He is known to have abnormally high levels. It can be seen in patients with atopic or allergic dermatitis. It is usually seen secondary to exposure to allergen and subsequent reaction is mediated by IgE antibodies. His body is known to hypersensitive to certain things and in response his body generates IgE antibodies to tackle the allergen.
Stinging insects, Aeroallergens (uncommon), Foods and additives like Milk, egg, peanuts, nuts, soy, and wheat are the most common agents to cause such allergic manifestations.
Measures to reduce IgE levels are-
- The triggering factor should be identified and should be avoided. Even a skin allergy test can be useful.
- Prompt treatment with anti histamines and glucorticoids during allergic attack.
- New intervention has come up which you can discuss with your doctor, i.e. Anti- IgE (omalizumab), but not required at this state.
I suggest you to consult to a allergy specialist for further steps of management. Take care and regards.
I have a 2 yrs oldson his lgE level is 3000, what does this mean will he ever get better . He is told only to feed him rice and potatoe and rice milk by dietician plz help desperate mom.