Allergy Community

Eosinophil because of sneezing

I have been suffering from cold and sneezing for more than 2 weeks so I did a blood test The report says that I have
neutrophils 49%
lymphocytes 45%
eosinophil 06%
basophils 0%
monocytes 0%
esr, edta 25mm/1hr
absolute eosinophil count 474 cells/cumm
can anyone tell me if I have some kind of allergy?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

With an increased eosinophil count it is only possible to say that you have allergies, but it is not possible to say what allergies. Consult an allergy specialist. First he may do a blood IgE levels to see if they are raised. Next, he will do skin testing. This test is painless, in which a very small amount of certain allergens are pricked into the surface of your skin. If you have allergies, just a little swelling will occur where the allergen was introduced.  Reactions occur within about 15 minutes.  If needed more sensitive intradermal tests will be used in which a small amount of allergen is injected within the skin. Based on this he may plan for immunotherapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.