Allergy Community

GLUTATHIONE

what is glutathione?is it safe?is it good for u?
Hi, if you google this, you come up with all kinds of weird and wonderful things. It is not an easily supplemented nutrient, but it is naturally derived from some amino acids. It protects sells from free radicals, so is an antioxidant I guess, but seeing as your body makes it itself, I doubt it can be harmfull except in large amounts

Thanks for the post.

Gluutahione is a small molecule made up of amino acids that is important for the immune system of the body. It also acts as a detoxifying agent in the body. It is of help in certain neuro degenerative disorders. However this should not be taken without a doctor’s advice. It is also given in liver disorders, Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, HIV and cancer. No drug is absolutely safe. However the diseases I mention, this is known to improve the condition of the patient, but in medical supervision.

I am not sure why you need it. If you could send some more details may be we can help you better. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted.

thankyou!
im from the philippines,there are glutathione supplements available here.it is quite popular to the celebrities.its a bit expensive tho. its said to lighten your skin or somethng. is this true?

Your skin will become fairer only if the melanin pigment that gives color to the skin is decreased. No supplements, lotions, creams etc should be used without the advice of a doctor. Increased glutathione level in the body cause other problems too. Though it does not have any potential toxicity, it’s long term safety is still questionable.

Hope this makes things clear to you. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted.

thank u!
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.