Aa
A
A
A
Close
Allergy Community
10.3k Members

Go back to Dr?

Went to Dr. 5 Days ago w/sore throat Worn out and no no strep told me to take Claritin Now scratchy throat watery eyes and worn out. Should I go back to Dr. or wait it out
1 Responses
209987 tn?1451935465
Just so you know, there are many of us suffering with the same sort of symptoms right now. There is a virus going around that the doctors are calling the 100 day flu. Mine started off that way, then progressed to runny yet stuffed nose, then to thick , sticky phlegm that my lungs can't seem to cough up.
I would still go back to doctor though if your throat is still sore...sore throats can lead to meningitis or other such things. Always better to be safe than sorry.
My sore throat only lasted a few days...anything longer than that is a cause for worry.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.