Heat Spots on legs

I am 37 years old, my youngest Child is 3 months. For 3 days now I have been getting seemingly random 'hot spots'  on my legs, they start as a small heat ***** feeling and 'bloom'  out into a larger area of warmth. This is not painfull and there are no visible effects on my skin.  I do spend a lot of time on the floor with the children , could this be some sort of allergy to the carpet? The carpet is not new and there is no external irritation to the skin. Or should I see a doctor about it? ( note: I do have a history of cancer personally and in my family, but have been cancer free for 20 years).
Carpeting can be a major source of allergies, both new carpet that emits chemical odors and old carpet that harbors allergens.
Concerning new carpet; the carpet, padding and adhesives emit volatile organic compounds and some people report symptoms such as upper respiratory irritations, headaches, skin rashes, shortness of breath or cough, any fatigue, when new carpeting is installed.
As far as old carpeting goes, everything that touches your pet's feet or the bottom of your shoes is tracked in and deposited in your carpet.  Additionally, fleas and insects can breed there, along with dust mites that feed on animal dander or any other dead skin that finds its way into your carpeting.
You could try OTC anti-histamines to alleviate symptoms.
Also open the windows and doors and use fans to increase the amount of fresh air exchanged in the room.

I'm 21 and have had hot spots on my left calf (maybe golf ball size), definitely warm ot the touch, but absolutely no other symptoms.  I've been sitting on the floor and bending alot lately while I've been cleaning my room, but don't think it is the carpet.  I think it has to do something with nerves or blood flow.  I take daily vitamins, eat well, and exercise.
This seems really weird that this is such a new thing for several people.  I too have been experiencing warm spots on my left leg.  I can't recall having any on my right.  I have been painting alot and I have  back flair ups at this time and haven't been to a chiropractor yet. I do have numbness in my feet from possible neouropothy.  Late life adult onset diabetes does run in my family.  I do not have it at this time, but I did have gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with both of my children.  I have been on a gluten free diet for the last four months.  I take vitamins that my naturopath have given me for cleansing.  I just resently added a "b" complex in the last few weeks. I don't exercise and I have been a hairdresser for 13 years.  I sure hope we get an answer to this!
This is amazing...just the last few days...I have been having a hot spot come on my upper front right thigh...it has moved to the left a little..it started closer to the knee part on the right...I can feel the heat through my pants..it started 3 days ago..and it has been coming very regularly this afternoon..like 1 or 2 minutes apart....I asked my daughter tonight..she asked me if it was red..and I said no...she thought of blood clot...I have recently started taking blood pressure med...4 weeks now...thought I would check on here and find this site...wow..if I find out anything I will let you know..
I was play fighting with my husband and child and my second and third toe had quite a bit of pressure put on them. Since that time l have been experiencing hot spots on lhs of my body (same side as my poor toes) This hot spot can vary from my shin to my face. I think it has something to do with my foot as this can get quite sore. I am guessing that playing with the family and the pressure put on my toe has hit a nerve, and keeps flaring up every now and then.
I have got back into traning in the last couple of weeks and am noticing when l run, my foot and "hot spots" start to flare up. Planning on seeing a physio, (when l can fit it in)  
I thought I was crazys when I started to experience the same exact experience.  I get a hot spot out of nowhere in my right shin.  It comes out of no where and then disappears.  There is no change to the color of my leg and it isn't painful.  I've been experiencing this for about a week.  Have you found any answers?
moncar
Same weird phenomenon for me.  Mostly I have noticed the heat spots in my left calf.  I take normal dose vitamins, walk almost daily for exercise and am not overweight.  Some similarities I have with others are a family history of hypertension, though I don't have yet, and I take levothyroid for hypothyroidism.  I also have an irregular heartbeat from PVCs which I went to a Cardiologist for and he said were normal.   This sensation is brand new over the past couple of weeks.  I do notice when I sit at the computer with my legs under the desk for long periods that my calves feel full, so I'm thinking it is a circulation problem.
I have had all the same fellings as much of you on here. The heat spot is on my left leg and on the out side of my upper leg. It gets real hot on the inside and its not painful in any way. No red spots and i cant feel it on the outside of my leg. I was hoping to find some answers today but it looks like there is no answer. I have had alot of problems with my left leg do to standing on it. I have had to go to the er because my leg gave out. Im 25 with 2 kids and the doctor said i strained it. Im thinking these hot spots are do to blood flow and exercise. If any one finds any answers please let us know.

thank you misty
Day before yesterday I had a therapeutic massage and an adjustment by my new chiropractor.  Yesterday I began having hot spots on my thigh on my left leg.  I never experienced the hot spots before, so I assumed it had something to do with the massage and adjustment.  I saw the chiropractor again today and he explained that the combination of the very rigorous massage, along with the adjustment, had triggered this reaction in a nerve or group of nerves, and the hot sensation was the reaction of the nerve to the treatments.  He said it was not a problem and would probably disappear in time.
I am a 31y old female with a 9 yr old. And I to have been experiencing these hot spots on my left leg.  It first felt as though someone had placed a torch to my leg for a moment, and then poof it was gone.  I do stand and sit most of the day I am a hairdresser/manicurist, so I have experienced this both sitting and standing.  My friends now have me very concerned.    
Wow... I thought I was the only one!  I'm a 31 year old, female.  Relatively healthy but not as active as I should be... about a month ago I started feeling these hot spots you're all describing.  On my lower right leg, just below the knee on the inside.  I thought either I peed on myself or a dog did it was that warm.  It lasts for a minute or so and then goes away.  Not hot to the touch either.  I have relatively tight muscles in my hips/thighs which I'm gettting massages to treat.  Hopefully that will help, maybe I'm pinching a nerve down there or something that's mixing up signals.
To: All

I went to the cardiologist yesterday, and he said I was OK. I have type 2 diabetes, and a mitral valve prolapse. I am 62, and it wasn't until recently i've been getting a hot spot on my LEFT shin, no redness . I woke up this morning with a hot spot from my left shin to my left ankle. I have it now while I'm on the computer. I do walk a lot. I thought it might be due to circulation. I just don't know....
Too funny...couldn't believe there are so many others experiencing the same thing.  I have a 6 month old baby, and just started having the hot spots 2 days ago.  They come about every 3 minutes during the day and are in my left leg, back of my thigh.  Get them when walking, sitting, standing, etc...doesn't seem to be triggered by motion.  Not hot to the touch, but as others have said - feels like i have peed myself.  I do a lot of sitting at the computer lately for work, and also have had quite a bit of stress/anxiety lately.  Talked to a friend MD and she thought had to do with possibly some nerves in my back...maybe pinched or distressed b/c of the anxiety...others have said possibly poor circulation or blood clots...now I am so very curious to find out what it is.  I also thought possibly hormonal - with the recent baby and no longer nursing.  I am making an appointment with my doctor next week ---i'll keep ya posted.
I am a 29 year old female. I don't drink, smoke or have any children.  I'm not overweight and I am moderately active.  I have been experiencing a sensation of heat in my right inner thigh for about a month now.  I went to doctor because I have a history of heart conditions (Ventricular Tachycardia and Mitral Valve Prolapse) and my doctor had an ultrasound ordered for my leg to check for blood clots.  The ultrasound showed NOTHING!  My doctor has no explanation for this feeling.  Like everyone else, the feeling comes on suddenly and then goes away quickly.  It's not a burning feeling, it really does feel like I pee'd myself!  LOL!  
Just like all the others.  Looking for the reason.  Left leg, warm spots, started about 2 weeks ago.  I am a 31 Male, good shape, 2 kids, but like everyone, lots of stress; but we handle it well :)
I have been having a hot spot on my right thigh (on the outside of it). It comes and goes anywhere from 2 times a day to every 2-3 min. It has no heat to the touch and no sign of discoloration. I am going to ask my doctor about it on Monday. This is crazy so many people are having the same symptoms.
Hope someone gets a straight answer.
I'm a 44 year old female with the same problem.  It's on my outer right shin that it keeps occuring.  I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, but have never had a problem with circulation.  I have recently started having problems with both my knees.  I'm not sure if it's arthritis, or if my cartiledge is deteriorating, because when I go up or down stairs, it's very painful.  I thought maybe this "hot spot" might have had something to do with that.  I am going to have it checked out soon though.  I would be interested to hear what other doctors say about this as well.  God bless you all.
I thought I'd be laughed at by the net for searching 'hot spots on leg' but obviously not!  Isn't it strange - I wonder what causes it.  For about a month now I've had a hot spot on the same place, upper thigh on left leg, nowhere else.  I can't decide if it's hot to touch or not and haven't managed to get my partner to feel it yet as it can go away again so quickly.  I thought I'd spilled my tea on my leg the first time it happened it was suddenly so warm.  It doesn't hurt, is just very warm.  I have two boys, 2&1/2 and 10 months.  I had quite a difficult labour with my youngest.  Otherwise, could certainly take more exercise, drink lots of tea, a few glasses of wine a week, smoke only about 5 a day, diet's pretty good, could do with losing some weight.  No family history of diabetes, my dad's had mitral valve heart surgery recently but no history of other heart problems.  Various cancers within family history.  
It's very strange because I'm curious to know what it is but unless it gets worse or starts hurting etc I don't see the point in seeing a doctor as yet.  I can see many of you have and have not really had any answers so we'll see!  Maybe I'll mention it next time I visit for something else!  
I'm just pleased I'm not going mad!
Oh, and I'm 32!!  and the hotspot comes on usually around 3 times an hour or so.  Sometimes less.
xxx
Another thing I forgot tho is that since being pregnant the second time - I have what I'm sure is sciatic problems where sometimes I get incredibly sharp shooting pains through my buttocks and down my legs depending on which side is affected at the time.  If I'm walking it can make me feel like I'll fall over because my legs almost buckle.  I'm just getting on with it because it's terrible pain for a few minutes at a time but not necessarily every day. Just thought this may be connected in some way - maybe nerve endings etc.
xxx