Allergy Community

Help ASAP- horrible pain from eating onions

Hi everyone,

I'm Michelle and I'm 19 yrs old. I went to a Mexican restaurant yesterday for lunch and had steak tacos with raw onions on them. Now, sometimes raw onions have a tendency to make me feel kind of icky for a few hours, but this is rediculous. Yesterday I had bad indigestion and heartburn. By nighttime I had some gas and lower bowel pain-- like I can feel stuff moving through my body. I didn't sleep well all night and it just feels like everything has settled horribly. Now it feels like I should be having diarrhea any minute now but absolutely nothing will come out. When I got in the bathroom I was freaking out and felt clammy, sweaty, and shaky, as well as nauseous (which I haven't eaten anything except a granola bar at 5-6 pm last night. I'm afraid it's a bowel obstruction or something horrible, though I feel like the pain would be more prominent. I don't know. If anyone could help me out here that would be super appreciated. Is this a symptom of onion intolerance? Thank you so much!
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.