Allergy Community

Itching Arms

For the past six months I have had itching bilateral arms, it started from my shoulders and has gradually worked its way down my arms. I have tried creams and anti-histimines but none of these have worked. the only thing that seems to help for a while is ice. I am not able to sleep at night, and have even used a wire brush on both my arms for the itch. My arms are a mess, but I feel I am going insane with no sleep I am totally exhaused. I also have Fibromyalgia and have heard this might be a side effect.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The probable causes for itchiness are scabies, diabetes mellitus, eczema, tinea pedis (fungal infection) and psoriasis. Scabies infection is caused by a mite Sarcoptes Scabiei, it burrows in the skin folds of hands and feet and causes intense itching mostly at night. You may need to consult a Dermatologist who will examine you and may ask for blood tests and in addition examine the scrapings from the skin to arrive at a diagnosis for appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.