Allergy Community

Itchy rash

I have had a rash on my left upper breast, shoulders and back for 5 days. No change in soaps or foods, stopped ingesting Origanox Supplement ,500 mg. Origanum vulgare (Orengano plant extract) 4 days ago, as I read the side effects are itching of the skin.
The rash is barely raised, red with some pimple like bumps throughout. Irritation ranges from major itching to a slight burning. Currently using Caladryl, only receiving minor relief.

Nothing can be said with surety without a clinical examination.

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or dry skin condition or even balanitis.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products or even dish soap at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.