Allergy Community

Itchy skin.

My sking itches all over my body but only under my skin. On my sking appears red rashes on my upper back, arms, and certain discoloration all over my body. I went to different dermotologist and found no type of cure. Can someboy help me, this itching is horrible??
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Dry skin is the commonest cause of generalized itching. Applying a moisturizer and using only soaps that are gentle on the skin is helpful in this case.  Generalized itching can be due to allergy. Common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, synthetic fiber, food, cosmetics (powders, soaps, shampoos—see if anything was recently changed) or drugs. You must get an allergy test done, either a skin test or RAST, to know what you are allergic to. Fungal infections like tinea corporis and tinea cruris too cause whole body itching along with genital itching. Liver problems too can cause generalized itching. Hypothyroidism too can be a cause.
If the itch is only in the exposed part, it can also be due to sun allergy. Please consult your PCP to rule out these causes. Take care!

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.