Allergy Community

Lip Allergies

I am 35 years old and I have lip problems they were red and perfect but recently
have become dark, itchy, chapped and sometimes get swollen.Sometimes I get a thick line
on the edges that itches a lot.

Please advice what should I do.If you have any home care remedy.

Pari

Since when are you having the symptoms? What is your age? Do you smoke?

Some causes of the symptoms you mention, could be lip biting, lip licking, Vit.B2 deficiency, smoking, overexposure to sun and ill fitting dentures. In extreme cases, this could be due to bacterial or fungal skin infection.

You could also be allergic to some unknown substances.

You need to drink plenty of water daily – around 1.5 – 3 litres per day and eat a balanced diet. Do not keep your lips dry; apply lip balm which contains sunscreen – preferably a medicated one.

If you have cracks at the corner of your mouth it indicates B2 deficiency in this case you need to take B2 supplements. You could take oral antihistamine medications for a few days to control the itching.

If the symptoms still persist, consult your skin specialist or dermatologist.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
I am 27 years old and I am having problems with the redness, itching, and swelling of the lips. It's always chapped and peeling really bad. I also notice the lining around my lips are white. I have been to three doctors and the dont know the problem. What can I do?
hi..
im 24 yrs old.. i dont drink nor smoke.. what else? i dont know.. can u help me.. i cant stand already.. i've been to 4 doctors and its getting worse... couple weeks ago, i've got rash on my body near the wounds. the rash came up after i put some dettol around my wounds... so i meet the 1st doctor and she gave me loratadine 10mg. the effect only stand like 4 hours and its start to itch again..next morning my lips swollen and become very dry.. i met the 2nd doctor and told him bout it, then he gave me piriton 4mg.. WORST! my lips become sOoOo itchhhhhyy.. it swell than the first one.. then i have dry patches below my eyes.. :( but my rash reduce. so i went for the 3rd doctor... she gave me steroid to help on my swollen lips.. Uhuh.. im getting worse... my lips become so itchy.. everytime i apply medicated lip balm, my lips cracked and it smell.. yuck... i stop the med and went for the 4th doctor for allergy injection. she refuse me instead gave me levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5mg.. but i didnt eat it.. i asked her if my problem wont stop what she can do.. she told me that nothing else.. maybe other med.. what was that????! i believe theres a cure! i havent take any med now... my rash stop.. i have no swollen lips anymore.. but my lips chapped and very dry and had this unwanted smell.. im so embarrassed and uncomfortable... i cant eat well.. i cant speak well for 2 weeks! so last night i went ot drugstore and buy organic aid vitamin e to moist my lips.. now i can smile but still having this very dark lips :( that ewwy smell.. can u help me.. please...
Been having swollen itchy burning lips and eyes for about six months.
Realilzed that it seem to have started about the same time i started using a Tylonal PM  type sleep aid i bought at Big Lots , not the real brand. Stopped taking these and problem seems to be clearing up.Hope this info helps others.
Anybody tried Rx Zonalon cream for lip problems?
I used Dr. Hauschka lip care stick and had a reaction. My
Lips swelled and felt burned. The second day, my upper lip feels a little numb. Anyone else had this?
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.