Allergy Community

Lump on the side of the neck!

Hello, is it normal to feel a little lump on the side of your neck when you turn your neck (right or left). I'm just really concerned, because my football season is about to start and I don't want this to delay it.

The reason I put this in the allergy section is i've recently got over my seasonal allergys and was thinking the little lump might be the after effects.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The swelling could be a lymph node. It could also be a sebaceous cyst, a boil or an insect bite. Lymph node enlargement is usually due to infections like bacterial and viral. The source of infection for you appears to be the allergic episode with super added infection.  Treatment is usually with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. So, consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for pain relief you can use OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.