Allergy Community
10.3k Members
Avatar universal

Mercapto Mix/MBT Allergy - DSLR Camera?

I have an allergy to Mercapto Mix and MBT (Accelorators used in the manufacture of rubber).

I am trying to find a DSLR camera I can use, but most of them seem to have grippers on which SEEM to be rubber.  There are cameras out there with metal bodies in the smaller more compact ranges, but I am specifically trying to break into proper DSLR photography.

I have emailed Panasonic, Sony, Canon and Nikon, and so far, not had much joy.  Nikon have told me outright not to buy ANY of their products!!!!  Panasonic and Sony told me to speak to my doctor (?????) as they can not advise on medical issues (!!!) and Canon have said they will look into it.  Not heard anything yet.

Has anyone out there got the same allergy and got a nice DSLR camera that doesn't give them blisters?  I'd love to buy the Nikon 5200 but they have said not to(!!) (just in case, I suppose...), or I'd love to buy a Cannon 600d or 550d.  The Sony and Pentax cameras also look nice.  Really, I'd go for ANY nice DSLR that didn't have a rubber grip or rubber lens ring on it.

Can anyone help?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.