Micropolyspora faeni

I was recenlty told i have asthma and have been taking foradil and intal. I started getting this  tickiling and burning in my chest and throat  about two months ago with tightness in chest and shortness of breath. i have this cold, almost painful burning sensation when i breathe through my nose or mouth. I have a dry cough but i think it is mostly me trying to get ri of the tickle. at first it was just a couple of time a week. now i have had it consistently for about a month.

I was exposed to several toxigenic structural molds about 3 years ago. i was recently exposed again in my workplace to aspergillius and cladosporium. A PFT shows partially reversible small airway obstruction according to my doctor. I received some lab work yesterday that indicates a positive IgG score for Micropolyspora faeni. Everything i read about this says "farmer's lung" or hypersensitivity pneumonitis.

my question is...does a positive result on this protein neccessarily mean thati have HP? do people test positive without developing lung disease? Do the symptoms I am having now relate to HP? Is it reversible? How should I proceed with a pulomologist?...what tests should i ask for?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It seems you have a DR who is aware of lung disease but a Pulmonologist would not be a bad idea. I hope you are not in Florida because w-comp will find anyway to disprove that this was caused by mold. Have you developed any chemical or food allergies?. Stay on top of this condition. Good Luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.