After a lovely day yesterday in the sun my chest shoulders arms and hands caught it ... woke up this morning to pins and needles kind of pain in my hands and when i looked down at them they are twice the size, both hands swollen and very itchy. been up all night itching and trying to relieve it. why has my hands swollen up?? please help its horrible and feels like frost bite and hurts if i catch them on anything   ???
Sounds like an allergy get some benedryl tabs that will help also some hydrocortisone  cream OTC  you may have been bitten by something.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As suggested yours symptoms could be due to an allergic reaction. The swelling could be due to angioedema. This is swelling of the deeper layers of the skin due to an allergic reaction. The reaction occurs more commonly on the face around the lips and near the eyes. Therapy lies in identifying the allergens and avoiding them and anti histamines. If the present anti histamines are not very effective you can consult your doctor for long acting ones.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.