I am a 49-year-old female who has had bouts of breaking out with hives for the past two years after eating shrimp. It has been infrequent and not really a life-adjusting problem. Recently, we ate at a Chinese restaurant and I had fried shrimp. An hour later, I went hiking and broke out with severe hives. I had swollen eyes, and my tongue swelled to the point of not being able to talk. I raced uphill one mile to get to the car and made it to a drugstore with my husband. The pharmacist gave me Benadryl and called the paramedics because I passed out. After waking, I was taken to the emergency room and given more meds to reduce the swelling. This was life-threatening. Now I carry an Epi-Pen with me at all times. The doctor said it could be fatal the next time.
I developed an allergy to fish at the age of 32. Eating fish gives me hives, respiratory tightness, and difficulty breathing. I had eaten fish up to that age with absolutely no problems. To this day, I do not have any trouble with shellfish. After about two years of no fish whatsoever, I tested myself with salmon. Amazingly, I do not experience the allergic reaction with salmon. All other fish -- tuna, halibut, tilapia -- still give me an allergic reaction.
I have eaten peanuts and peanut products my whole time on this earth which is 44 years. Now when I ingest any peanut products within 15 minutes I break out in hives all over my body along with coughing, a dry cough. I would not want to go to the next stage of this allergy. I do miss my peanuts. However, I have never been diagnosed with this allergy. I have not eaten peanuts or peanut products for the past two years there is no longer a cough, nor have there been any other hives.
My daughter has received allergy shots since she was 9 months old. Now as a young adult she has started to get sensitive to various foods. Her symptoms have been getting more severe. She was tested for food allergies. She is allergic to all fruits and vegetables, (put her in shock) milk, soy, wheat, peanuts, all give her severe rashes, facial swelling, burning in her mouth, and stomach problems. I am at a loss how to cook for her, or help her cook for herself. There are so few health foods that eliminate all these ingredients, and it is so expensive. She is discouraged, depressed, and ends up eating quick, junk food. I have looked at some cook books but it was too overwhelming not really knowing what I am doing. Do you have advice where we can start?
I did a detox and when I tried to eat wheat again my mouth broke out in blisters. The doctor sent me for a skin test which confirmed the allergy. I am 55. I have been wheat and gluten free for 5 years, and now can no longer have sugar. Research has found that if you are allergic to cereals you may become hyperglycemic too. I am also allergic to dairy, and peanuts. And have been an asthmatic since the age of 3, when the first attack took place after walking through a wheat field, on a hot summer day.
I am a 41 yr old woman and have had a couple of allergic reactions in my life. But I have never been told what my allergy was. Last night I was eating cereal (sugar puffs) and before I finished the bowl my throat behind my ear and my left side of my face began to swell. I panicked because I didn't have anything to take for it, and I live 12 miles from nearest hospital. So I gathered myself up and went to nearest market to get Benadryl which helped by morning. I have eaten this cereal before with no consequences.
I am a 57 year old woman with an earlier diagnosis of Brazil nut allergy. I stay away from nuts that I can't identify and have never run across Brazil nuts since initial allergic response. Today I developed sudden onset of feeling like my skin was burning from the inside out, severe redness and heat that started on my face and scalp and then continued to encompass my entire trunk and arms. I also had some hoarseness with this and my blood pressure was really high. This also happened to a lesser degree a week ago. In attempting to determine the cause, I believe both times it has followed eating a snack bar that is processed on equipment by a plant that also processes tree nuts. Although the ingredients did not list any nut, it must have been contamination from the nut oil in producing other products that almost did me in. Therefore, I urge everyone with allergies to read entire food labels for information on possible allergen exposure, as it could prevent severe allergic reactions.
I am a bit concerned that this article minimizes the effects of MSG (monosodium glutamate)and potential for a true allergy to it. I have developed a severe MSG allergy as an adult which began as your symptoms describe as a more mild sensitivity about 15 years ago. Even after small amounts of MSG accidentally ingested leads to full blown allergic reaction and anaphylaxis now. I do have an Epi-Pen and keep liquid Benadryl on hand, especially while traveling. It troubles me when the medical community minimizes the potential for true MSG allergy. I am also allergic to pine nuts, but they are much easier to avoid than MSG. Also, most better Chinese restaurants now do NOT use MSG in their cooking. It is the MSG hidden in most soups, broths, salad dressings, snack foods, peanuts, etc. on the grocery shelves that are the culprits. Anyone with sensitivities should read labels, especially in boxed, canned, or bagged foods. Even the best of restaurants have mixes and bases loaded with it. My most severe reaction was at an upscale restaurant who failed to check the pepper salsa they served. After all was said and done I had GI bleeding for three days following the event. There is nothing mild about MSG allergy.
When I was 12, I used to get this peanut allergy reaction (anaphylactic shock). At that time I don't know what caused that to happen. I couldn't breathe feeling like I was underwater. I thought I was going to die, but when I woke up. Thank God I was still alive, but still felt so painful in my whole body and each time my feet touch the ground and the diarrhea was horrible. After 3 days I was fully recovered. I ate too much variety of food that day so I don't know what actually led me to be so ill. Then one by one I tried different foods. I had the same reaction after trying a peanut. So, now I stay away from them.
I have had several reactions to ingesting MSG so I can distinguish it between some other food allergies that I have. Last week I ate in a new restaurant, only salad, sweet potato, and baked fish with a breading, and within 30 minutes I was fainting, nauseated, and cramping. Friends helped me into a convenience store and I passed out on the floor. I am a nurse and I am aware that my blood pressure dropped severely. It took about 40 minutes for me to be functional again. In addition to fainting, I had severe diarrhea. I think this allergy can be fatal for me.
I seem to have an allergy to basil. About an hour and a half after eating pizza with tomato sauce I became suddenly and extremely ill. I had diarrhea, vomiting, became very nauseous and clammy and the palms of my hands became very red and itchy. I later noticed that my arms and stomach were very pink. I had had a reaction to basil before but not nearly so severe so I think there must have been basil in the tomato sauce that was on the pizza.
From my experience the best advice I can give is for anyone who presents with a chronic illness that cannot be explain is for them to have a 93 food allergy test followed by a simple six day elimination diet. Test food back into the diet over the next twenty-one days and record the results. This process will give the sufferer an indication of the cause of their problems. I proved to myself that the wheat, yeast and salicylates (phenolic acid) which were identified by the allergy test did in fact cause my auto-immune response and give me arthritus, migraine and dermatitus. Best of luck!
buy soft generic propecia generic finasteride dosage generic propecia united kingdom
buy propecia finasteride finasteride wiki cardura and propecia finasteride
generic cialis is it safe buy cheap generic cialis online cheapest generic cialis
doxycycline dosage sinus infection doxycycline costs doxycycline ocular rosacea
buy viagra in the world buy viagra for ladies high viagra prices
viagra price sales order viagra south america where can i buy viagra without a prescription
used cheap generic cialis cipla cialis generic us pharmacy cialis generic medications
apotex generic ambien cr 12.5 mg buy ambien in usa rogaine fraud generic ambien
mixing cialis generic viagra cvs cialis generic drugs cialis generic no prescription
I am a 24-year-old male who has Food Allergy from: Soy, Peanuts¯Î Peas¯Î kiwi fruit¯Î Peppers¯Î Green Almonds, Almonds Nuts, between Fried Almonds does not cause Food Allergy. The symptoms that appear is: Itching of the skin followed by hives, Swelling of the lips, mouth, eyes and ears, Nausea, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Tightness in the chest, Feeling of tightness or choking in the throat, Rapid or irregular heart beat, Feeling dizzy or light-headed. When the symptoms appear, it require to went to the emergency department at the hospital and take an injection + rest for ~1 hour. I hope that someday someone find a cure for it. It's really upsetting me.
eyes closing, swelling under the eyes, some itching around head and ears. It happened after eating seafood 2 days before (never been allergic before) I also drank somw coconut juice 1 day before. I am allergic to penicillan and am 75 years old. My neighbor gave me one claratyne tablet but woke up today & still the same. Thanks Lee
poisening bolt in fishvingers ( stainensteel bolt ) my face is swollen up , eyes is burning , mouth is swolen, diarrarre,