Allergy Community

Rash /Red itchy circles

I am having this rash, and it is all over my body besides private parts, hands, palms, feet, there is however a little of it on my face.  The rash looks kind of like ring worm but it most deffinatly is not, they are little red circles from half an inch to an inch wide mixed with little red "bug bite" dots ....they itch very badly but there are no other symptoms at all...

This could be an allergic reaction to some unknown substance or dermatitis or eczema or insect bites.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites, use a medicated sunscreen whenever you go out.

Do you remember any substances that could have caused or aggravated the rash? Are you allergic to any specific substances?

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
My son also came down with a similar situation although his is not itchy.  The nurse triage said it might be an allergic reaction too. I have a photo that I can send but who should I send it to?  They almost look like Calamari and some are oval, some are circles, and they are on his palms, feet and legs.  After seeing the photo, might you also have a different diagnosis?
thanks once again to yet another person experiencing the same symptoms as I am having now. It isn't a result of eating something or the cat....I have not changed my diet in 20 years....something is going around and hopefully the medical community will open their eyes to it. I am so confused about what is causing these problems. I would even think it to be one of two things..a result of me not having and appendix(they did just realize that it does serve a purpose) or something in the air. It is baffling me so much. Thanks for the post friend. Wayne
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.