Avatar universal

Rash or welts on body?

Does anyone have a RASH or welts on their body? Could it be from La Senza or Victoria's Secret bras? I do. I work for the company and all my colleagues have symptoms of an allergic reaction including: Rash, Hives and/or Welts, burning skin with profuse itching, chest irritation, eye irritation, esophagus and stomach burning.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1355118 tn?1298564879
Hi, welcome to the forum, your symptoms are suggestive of irritant dermatitis. It seems secondary to the garments  and sweating will worsen the condition.

Firstly, you need to get investigated for possibility of allergen (due to clothes, dye or other allergen where you work).

- White petrolatum or Zinc oxide cream can be used which acts as protective barrier.
- Use of powders such as cornstarch or talcum powder is also helpful.
- Low potency topical glucocorticoids and oral anti histaminics against prescription can be helpful.

I suggest you to consult dermatologist. Take care and regards.

Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
yeah i got a rash from a bra i just purchased at my  (la senza) all up on my back after i tried it on with a certain top it was really red and itching and spread up to my neck and stayed for a couple of hours its gross cause it was like huge hives all over me!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.