Allergy Community

Sharp pain in back

Every now and then i get a really sharp pain in my back right below my ribs on the left side. Sometimes it happens in the same spot in the front. Also sometimes i have pain in my kidneys kind of like they're really sore. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does it hurts really bad. Also im 17 and i haven't told my mom because i don't know if it's anything to worry about. Just wondering if anyone knows why this is happening?
Hi, welcome to the forum, the possibilities of such pain are Costochondritis (usually experienced on left side), Slipping rib syndrome (ribs can slip and impinge on the intercostal nerve, producing pain), Precordial catch, pleuritis and Neurologic disorders (radiculopathy).

Other causes of back pain like diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, kidney infection, kidney stones, and bowel problems like constipation, pain arising from muscles and skin over left side abdomen.

Any history of trauma to the chest should be noted down. You need to undergo radio imaging (MRI/CT), urine analysis and as well as ECG (cardiac causes) to rule out the above causes. I suggest you to consult physician and get evaluated. Take care and regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.