Allergy Community

Sinus infection

4 days ago I was cleaning my room and the dust was aggravating my allergies and I ended up sneezing 12 times back to back and since then I have been having an ear/ toothache and I think it is a sinus infection because my nose has been running and the only thing that relieves it is tylenol and if I breathe in steam! Also the pain usually starts after I eat. Anyone know if this sounds like a sinus infection or something else??
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Looks like you have developed a nasal allergy which has progressed to a throat infection as well. There are tubes called 'Eustachian tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears and the resultant sounds. This can also result in infection of the ears. Consult your primary care physician who will do blood tests and take a throat swab to determine the cause and prescribe appropriate medications. The blocked ears can be opened up by the valsalva maneuver, where air is blown into the cheeks against a closed nostrils, this sometimes helps to open up the tubes. Steam inhalations and salt water gargles can help. Continue to take (OTC) tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.