Allergy Community
10.3k Members
Avatar universal

Skin Problems

1. I am getting allergy rashes on my arms, elbows, fingers, palm, buttock.  Not sure what the problem is, but when I use Allegra 120 mg things get calm down or even if I have a bath in hot water I feel comfortable.  Could you please in identifying what the exact problem is?

2. Secondly, I do have an issue with Skin again named "Vitiligo", and the patches are seen on both my feets left and right.
2 Responses
944604 tn?1283198925
Have you been tested for Dermographism? Does your skin itch and blister or break out if you don't take your allegra for 1 to 3 days? Do scratches stay for long periods of time or leave scars? Have your doctor do the skin writing disease test. I always wondered why I could remove everything from my diet and didnt use perfumes and still get acne and nothing took it away. That was why. My allergist and dermatologist told me to go 3 days without allergy med, then when I went in I was itchy and she saw my scars and recognised what I had. She told me she had it too and only about 5% of the population has it. I also can not take NSAIDS (Anti-inflammatory) otherwise my skin will produce blood blisters :( I am much better now, but have to be careful of certain dyes and even certain foods.
1355118 tn?1298564879
Hi, the probabilities of the itching with rashes are Atopic dermatitis, Contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis and drug reaction.

You need to report if you have taken any suspected drug before this like sulfa drugs. Also any previous history of eczema, asthma, and allergic rhinitis should also be taken in to consideration.

Oral anti-histaminics and corticosteroid against prescription, which may help to alleviate these symptoms.

Various modality of treatment for vitiligo are Corticosteroids, Calcineurin inhibitors and Ultraviolet light. Approximately 55 percent of patients with localized vitiligo responded to mid potency topical corticosteroids.

Topical or oral psoralens plus ultraviolet A radiation (photo chemotherapy or PUVA), or ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation (phototherapy) is used in patients with more extensive vitiligo. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist. Take care and regards.

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.