Allergy Community

Spermicide allergy?

My boyfriend and I used a condom with spermicide for the first time. A few days later, he developed a red rash on his penis, scrotum and inner thigh.  He has had it for over a week... it is still very red.  He saw the NP at his doctors office, who prescribed Bactrim for an "infection", but it is making him sick.

Does anyone know if a spermicide allergy presents this way?  We also had unprotected sex later that night, and two nights later he used a new soap, which seemed to irritate him.  I will also post on the dermatology site, but wanted to know about the spermicide allergy.

Thanks!
have you also considered the possibility of a reaction to latex?
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.