Allergy Community

Swollen Lips?

I've been using chapstick alot recently because my lips have been drying out more.. All yesterday and the day before I've been using chapstick non stop to keep them hydrated, otherwise I would catch myself licking them. I woke up after 2 days of using chapstick like this and now have swollen lips with tiny red sores all over the outside of them. Along with when I push my lips together it feels like puss is coming out of them. Theyre also very sore and itchy & when I dont pay attention I find myself trying to scrape off the skin with my teeth or lick them. Is this an allergic reaction to my chapstick? What do I do for this?
     Itchy sore lips upon continuous use of chap stick could be due to irritation, secondary bacterial infection or allergy to the product. You need to see a physician for further confirmation on this after physical examination. Best.

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.